About 75% of the calories are burned in a day to perform the daily activities, among the various organs working in and out, eyes are the most hardworking one! May we sit, eat, work, relax or stay busy gossiping, eyes never get a moment to rest!
Is computer vision syndrome the only culprit for this? No, Not exactly! But it can be one of the possible causes undoubtedly. The basic reason is muscle fatigue, eyes get drained after a long day and thus needs a complete rest to regain the energy.
What are the causes of Tired Eyes?
A proper rest is needed for staying active all day long, a peaceful sleep can make it much easier for the body. Not taking a proper sleep may make your eyes look tired and dull. The basic cause of muscle fatigue remaining the same, there are other causes involved in making the eyes puffy and tired.
- Sinus problems
- Hormonal fluctuations
- Heating and air conditioning systems
- Tobacco or smoking
- Exposure to dust and pollution
- Exposure to bright lights and colours
- Low blood sugar
- Chronic fatigue
- Sleep Apnea
- Iron deficiency
- Vitamin B-12 deficiency
- Excess of stress
- Reading in dim light
- Computer Vision Syndrome
- Eye glass power changes
- Driving car for a long period of time
Apart from these causes, it could be a medical illness too! Presbyopia- The slow loss of ability to see close objects or small print. It is a normal phenomenon which rises when you get older. People with Presbyopia often face headaches, stained eyes and puffiness on the eyes, they require a reading glass to perform the daily routine.
What are the symptoms of Tired Eyes?
The common symptoms of tired eyes are-:
- Soreness of the eyes
- Dry eyes
- Watery eyes
- Back and shoulder pain
- Feeling of heaviness in the eyes
- General overall fatigue
- Redness and irritation in eyes
- Blurred or double vision
- Increased sensitivity to light
- Difficulty to focus on a single point
What are the treatments for tired eyes?
While the exact solution may differ according to the causes and the symptoms but, it is always better to consult a doctor before going for any kinds of medications including even the safest eye drops.
Here are some natural fixes for treating the tired eyes without facing any side effects :
- Drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration, have lemon water in the morning and throughout the day.
- Use rose water dipped cotton balls on your eyes, this helps in soothing and refreshing the eyes.
- Another refreshing option could be cucumber slices, it cools down the eyes and eliminate the puffiness.
- If you are okay with cosmetic products and does not have sensitive skin, anti-ageing cremes could be an excellent remedy to reduce the puffiness.
- Wear sunglasses as excess of sunlight can also make your eyes look tired and puffy.
- Get enough iron, as low iron levels also contribute in making the eyes tired and your body weak.
- Take adequate sleep, ensuring a sound sleep with a complete rest to the eyes.
If your eye issues persist, consult a doctor and get the proper guidance on keeping your eye healthy and refreshed.