Hairs have always been a concern irrespective of the gender. Men desire fuller scalp while women crave for thick and healthy strands. Hair grows everywhere on the human skin except on the palms of our hands and the sole of our feet though some are too fine to come in the notice.
How does Hairfall occur?
Hairs are made up of a protein called keratin that is produced in hair follicles in the outer layer of the skin, as soon as the follicles produce new hair cells the old ones are pushed out through the surface of the skin at the rate of about six inches a year. An average adult head has about 100.000 to 150,000 hairs and loses up to 100 of them every day. Do not panic when you see some strands tangled in the hairbrush or crushed at the bedside, not always hair fall seems to be an alarm for scalp infections!
At any point in time, about 90% of the hair on a person’s scalp is growing. Each follicle has its own life cycle that can be influenced by age, disease and a wide variety of other factors. The cycle, therefore, is divided into 3 stages :-
- Anagen – Simultaneous hair growth that lasts between two to six years.
- Catagen – Transitional hair growth that lasts between two to three weeks.
- Telogen – This is a kind of no grows phase which lasts about two to three months. Hairs start shedding and a new cycle replaces it at the end of this phase. It initiates a new growth cycle.
Factors causing Hair Loss
Though a medical practitioner will have the best answer to your hair growth limitations, here are some factors affecting a healthy hair growth :-
- Hormones – Hormonal changes in men and women are one of the major cause of hair loss and weaken strands.
- Genes – Nothing can help you much if it is in your genes. Pattern baldness is one of the common conditions experienced by many. Usage of anti hair fall products can a possible solution, consult a doctor before choosing the right product for your scalp.
- Stress, illness, and childbirth – Childbirth is strenuous for a mother, it can cause temporary hair loss. While stress and illness make a person weak physically and mentally causing hair loss.
- Drugs – Including chemotherapy drugs used in cancer treatment, blood thinners, beta-adrenergic blockers used to control blood pressure, and birth control pills, can cause temporary hair loss.
- Diet, cosmetic procedures – Diet should be healthy not just for the gut but, for the scalp too. Poor diet results in hair loss. Cosmetics used on the scalp can be dangerous enough for your delicate hairs, avoid chemicals.
- Injuries, burns and X rays – These conditions cause temporary hair loss, hair growth continues after the healing process is done.
Re-growing Hairs Naturally
Various brands have introduced a variety of products for hair fall rescue. Which one is the best for your scalp is a matter of chance, you need to check which one suits you. Some worth using products include Himalaya Anti Hair Fall Cream & Shampoo, Kesh Nikhar oil & shampoo with various scalp friendly natural products to heal and repair the damage.
Some home remedies to help in regrowth are :-
- Alternative day oil massage helps to improve the thickness.
- Fresh aloe vera gel used on the scalp can be beneficial.
- Viviscal, it’s a hair growth supplement that promotes hair growth.
- Ginseng is a hair supplement which can promote hair growth by stimulating follicles.
- Onion juice can treat patchy parts and promote quick hair growth.
Always remember to stay consistent with the regrowth plan, do not experiment with products to see quick results. Be constant and a regular user of the product you choose because everything takes a decent time to show productive results.
Care for your hair and stay healthy!