Most of us have experienced issues related to sleep at some day or another! It seems common but, if the issues persist, it may be a matter of concern! Regular sleep problems can lead to major health issues in future.
The trouble is not constrained to sleepiness, it can even cause negative impact on your health and emotional well-being, a quality sleep is necessary for maintaining a peaceful and healthy lifestyle.
What are the symptoms of sleep disorders?
Although people do not find sleep disorders a serious issue but, the troubles can lead to major health problems and can also affect the emotional well-being of a person.
Let’s understand the symptoms and work on the issues-:
- Feeling sleepy during the day
- Feeling tired and irritable
- Fall asleep while driving
- Often get told by others that you look tired
- React slowly
- Facing difficulty in controlling emotions
- Feeling to take a nap all day
- Require beverages to keep going with work
- Regular headaches
- Regular constipation
If you are facing some symptoms from the following, look out for a treatment before it harms you more.
What are the types of sleep disorders?
The regular working people, who are indulged in a 9-5 working hours are at the maximum risk when it comes to regular illness, some of the most common issues include lower back pain while sitting on the desk all day, regular upset stomach due to munching junk and even sleep disorders due to lack of sleep and stress involved!
[ Click here to know more about lower back pain ]
There are many types of sleep disorders but the most common one is Insomnia! This disorder is an inability to sleep well at night, it may be total sleepless nights or even the frequent breaking of sleep. It can be due to stress, jet lag, lack of good diet or can even be a medical condition which needs to be prevented.
Other disorders happen in rare cases but are equally harmful for our health.
- Circadian rhythm disorder – We all have a biological clock which regulates 24 hours and is also called Circadian Rhythms when the rhythm breaks, one can feel cranky, uncomfortable and irritable. It can happen due to changes of our sleep timings.
- Shift work sleeping problems – It happens when your work shift comes in between of our healthy being! In some cases, when a person has to do night shifts, his biological order gets disturbed and he can experience sleeplessness.
- Sleep apnea – This disorder is also from the most common ones. In sleep apnea a person experiences breaking issues while sleeping, the breathing can stop temporarily for some time in during sleep due to blockage in your upper airways and this causes frequent awakenings resulting in irritable and not so peaceful nights.
- Restless legs syndrome – RLS is a disorder which can make your arms and legs experience cramps, for example, you can experience leg cramps which can make you awake in the middle of the night.
- Narcolepsy – It is a disorder which includes sleepiness at day time, it is caused by a dysfunction of the brain mechanism that controls sleeping and waking. If you have narcolepsy, you may have “sleep attacks” while in the middle of talking, working, or even driving.
These are no symptoms to be ignored, one should consult a doctor immediately if experience any of the following issues. We need a quality sleep for being well all day because- Having a happening day and getting a peaceful night is a perfect life!